carrot tomato soup recipe – this is one of the most simplest and easy soup recipe to make.
the soup has the sweetness of the carrots & onions, along with the slight tanginess of the tomatoes. garlic in the soup gives a slight sharpness with the earthy flavors of cumin.
its a smooth textured soup like tomato soup and has a similar consistency. excellent for all seasons and for everybody- adults and kids alike.
this is my mil’s soup recipe which is favored by all of us. instead of butter i have used olive oil in the soup. i have kept the soup ingredients such that it can be made by everybody, hence not added one indian ingredient – asafoetida aka hing. however, if you have asafoetida/hing, you can add it to the soup.
the recipe below mentions the soup, the way my mil makes it. i just made the soup minus butter, asafoetida, spinach and french beans. so these ingredients are optional and if you want you can add them.
adding black pepper is my own variation to this soup. if making for kids, then skip adding black pepper. you can also add some sugar to make the soup slightly sweet.
Update: due to recent policies of facebook, many of you are not getting update from Veg Recipes of India facebook page. to keep getting updates, kindly go to our facebook page and click on “Liked” option and then select “See First” option under the drop down menu “IN YOUR NEWS FEED“. another option, is to occasionally show interest in our facebook page updates by liking, sharing or commenting in the facebook post. thanks for your continuous support and cooperation.
carrot tomato soup recipe below:
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 2 medium sized tomatoes
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2-3 large spinach leaves/palak (optional)
- 5-6 french beans (optional)
- 3-4 garlic/lahsun, chopped
- ½ tsp cumin powder/jeera
- a pinch of asafoetida/hing (optional)
- 2 to 3 pinches of black pepper powder (optional)
- 2 cups water
- 1 or 1.5 tbsp butter or olive oil
- black salt or rock salt as required
- rinse the veggies first. peel the carrots and onion. chop all the veggies.
- in a pressure cooker add the veggies, chopped garlic and water.
- stir and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles till the vegetables are cooked well.
- alternatively, the veggies can also be cooked in a pot.
- cover the pot and let the veggies get steamed.
- no need to drain the boiled veggies.
- once the vegetables become warm, with a hand blender or in a blender, blend the veggies till smooth.
- i blended in the pressure cooker itself with a hand blender.
- heat olive oil in a small frying pan. add the cumin powder and salt.
- stir for a few seconds and add this mixture to the vegetable puree.
- stir and simmer the soup for 2-3 minutes.
- if the mixture is thick, you can add some water and if its thin, then you can cook for a few minutes more.
- serve carrot tomato soup hot garnished with cilantro or parsley leaves.
- you can also garnish the soup with some grated paneer or cheese.
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media