capsicum recipes – bell peppers or shimla mirch as we call this veggie in india, is a favorite with some folks. in my family, we have kids who love capsicum so much, that they don’t mind taking capsicum everyday in the tiffin.
apart from making a dish completely with capsicum, one can also add them in sandwich or wrap or pizza stuffings, in pulaos and biryanis with other veggies and even in simple dry sabzi or a gravy. i always buy capsicum when i do my grocery shopping as it is liked so much in the family and i always add them to the sandwiches or sabzis i make.
i use all the three colored varieties of bell pepper that i get – red, yellow and green. adding them not only makes the dish colorful but also tasty.
sharing here a collection of 28 capsicum recipes i have posted on the website. i do make other varieties too and will add them in this collection whenever i share a recipe.
collection of 28 capsicum recipes:
1. capsicum masala – delicious hyderabadi style curry made with bell peppers. good side gravy dish with chapatis or parathas.
2. stuffed capsicum – green bell peppers stuffed with spiced potatoes. the bharwan shimla mirch goes best with rotis accompanied by a raita.
3. capsicum pulao – an aromatic pulao made with green bell peppers, spices and rice. this is a mild pulao and so goes well with kids or folks who do not prefer spicy food.
4. capsicum besan sabzi – simple yet tasty recipe of a sabzi or bhaji made with capsicum (green bell peppers) and besan (gram flour).
5. capsicum toast sandwich – quick and easy capsicum cheese toast sandwich. these sandwiches are not spicy and hence kid friendly. they are fairly easy to assemble and prepare.
6. paneer capsicum – rich gravy dish made with cottage cheese and green bell pepper. addition of cream gives a good flavor to this recipe.
7. aloo capsicum – stir fried spiced potatoes with green bell peppers.
8. aloo capsicum masala recipe – a semi gravy recipe of capsicum (green bell peppers) and potatoes in an onion-tomato base.
9. capsicum fry – quick & delicious south indian style potato capsicum fry.
10. corn capsicum sandwich – easy recipe of a grilled sweet corn capsicum sandwich.
11. capsicum raita – spiced flavorful raita made with slightly sauteed capsicum and spices. green bell peppers tastes very good in this raita recipe. for a mellowed flavor of capsicum you can use yellow or red bell pepper.
12. capsicum chutney recipe – nutritious chutney recipe made with red capsicum or red bell peppers. you can serve it with south indian snacks like uttapam, idli, dosa, ulundu vada, rava dosa, oats idli, punugulu and rava idli.
capsicum recipes with other mix veggies:
1. veg chilli milli – spicy gravy/curry made with mix veggies, tomatoes-cashew paste, green chilies and spices. step by step recipe.
2. kadai mushroom gravy – button mushrooms cooked in a spiced (masaledar) onion-tomato based gravy.
3. paneer tikka – spiced marianted grilled cottage cheese cubes.
4. chilli paneer dry – dry version of spicy chili paneer recipe.
5. mushroom tikka masala – restaurant style recipe of mushroom tikka masala gravy.
6. vegetable kadai – restaurant style punjabi vegetable kadai gravy recipe.
7. paneer khurchan – easy & quick north indian semi dry curry made with paneer in a onion-tomato-capsicum base.
8. mushroom manchurian gravy – a spicy, sour and sweet mushroom manchurian with sauce.
9. mushroom manchurian dry – spicy indo chinese recipe of mushroom manchurian.
10. paneer manchurian gravy – sweet, sour, umami indo chinese recipe of paneer manchurian.
11. paneer manchurian dry – pan fried paneer or cottage cheese cubes in a spicy, tangy and sweet sauce. a popular indo chinese starter recipe.
12. chilli mushroom dry recipe – easy to prepare spicy dry chilli mushroom. an indo chinese starter snack.
13. kadai mushroom – cooked button mushrooms in a semi dry gravy of spiced and tangy tomato sauce along with juliennes of green bell pepper.
14. veg pizza – vegetarian pizza recipe from scratch. the pizza bread is made from maida/all purpose flour. wheat flour can be used too. but wheat flour will make the pizza bread base a little dense.
16. pav bhaji recipe – Popular Street food from Mumbai consisting of spiced smooth mashed mix vegetables, served with lightly roasted buttered bread.