bread snacks recipes – collection of 20 snacks recipes that you can make with bread. you can choose any bread of your choice like whole wheat bread, brown bread, white bread or sandwich bread. though using whole wheat bread is a healthier option.
there are many recipes that can be made with bread. in this collection i have listed all the snacks recipes that are made with bread. i will keep on updating the post as i had more bread snacks recipes.
to make these recipes, you can use fresh bread or a one to two days old bread. most of the times i prepare simple toasts or veg sandwiches with bread. but on occasions i also prepare snacks like pakora, rolls and puddings with bread.
these snacks can be served with most indian chutneys or dips. in india we have variety of chutney recipes to go along with snacks and starters. depending upon the snack, you can serve them with pudina chutney or coriander chutney or coconut chutney or sweet tamarind chutney or with tomato ketchup.
you can also check these popular veg snacks recipes collections:
1. 31 sandwich recipes
2. top 10 snacks recipes
3. 16 tikki recipes (cutlet or patties)
4. 85 diwali snacks recipes
5. 10 popular indian street food recipes
20 bread snacks recipes:
1. plain bread pakora recipe – a very popular and quick breakfast snack. in this bread pakora recipe, there is no stuffing involved. just dipping the bread in the gram flour batter and frying them. easy and quick.
2. bread pakora with stuffed potatoes – bread pakora is stuffed with a filling of mashed & spiced potatoes, dipped in besan and deep fried. one can be innovative in making the filling. though, mashed potatoes is a common filling used.
3. bread upma recipe – quick and easy upma made with bread. you can use fresh bread slices or even a few days old bread to make this upma. if you like upma then here are some more upma variations → rava upma, tomato upma, idli upma and oats upma recipe.
4. instant bread dosa recipe – its one of the easiest dosa one can make. though i always prefer the ground fermented dosa batter as nothing beats the taste and texture of dosas made the traditional way. but at times one is looking for quick and easy breakfast solutions, so these instant recipes come in handy. i have also compiled the collections of dosas and instant recipes → 28 dosa recipes and 22 quick and instant recipes.
5. bread rolls with stuffed potatoes – crisp bread rolls with a soft spiced mashed potato filling. a snack that can be made in a jiffy if you have leftover boiled potatoes. these bread rolls are a favorite at home and i usually pair them with the evening chai as a snack.
6. veg pizza sandwich recipe – these pizza sandwiches are basically grilled sandwiches. though you can also make toast sandwiches. you can add veggies of your choice in the stuffing like steamed baby corn or boiled sweet corn.
7. bread vada recipe – simple yet tasty recipe of vadas made with bread, spices and herbs. they taste also good and can be served as an evening snack with some tea or chai. other popular vada recipes on blog are medu vada, chana dal vada and masala vada recipe.
9. garlic bread on tawa recipe – a super easy recipe of making garlic bread on a tawa or frying pan and without the oven. usually i make garlic bread as an accompaniment to soups or as a starter. but they equally taste good with tea or coffee.
10. quick bread bhatura recipe – quick bhatura made with bread slices and whole wheat flour (atta). the recipe does not require to leaven the dough for hours. if you love having bhatura with punjabi chole masala then you can also check these recipes – easy bhatura or aloo bhatura or this popular bhatura recipe.
11. cheese garlic bread recipe – easy to make quick 15 minute cheese garlic bread recipe for the those folks who want a quick breakfast or brunch. use any bread and cheese of your choice.
12. bread pizza recipe – easy to make bread pizza with veggies and cheese. for this bread pizza recipe, you don’t need ready pizza sauce. but if you have, then your work is reduced and and you just need to place the veggies on the sauce smeared toasted bread slices.
13. baked bread rolls recipe – easy to prepare baked bread rolls with a cheesy spiced potato stuffing. you can choose the filling you want. i usually go for the classic potato-cheese combination.
14. bread besan toast recipe – one of those quick breakfast recipes that can be made in a jiffy. just takes about 15 to 20 minutes. all you need is besan (gram flour), the usual indian spices-herbs and bread.
15. bread sooji toast recipe – easy to prepare toast with semolina (rava or cream of wheat), onion, tomato and cream filling. the choice of bread is yours – white bread, whole wheat bread or brown bread. you can use fresh bread or even a few days old bread.
16. eggless caramel bread pudding recipe – this is a smooth, melt in the mouth pudding made with caramel and bread slices. here the caramel is made by melting sugar. not difficult but yes does require some practice. the pudding is steamed and hence does not need an oven.
17. eggless bread butter pudding recipe – easy to prepare pudding with whole wheat bread, butter and eggless custard. it goes extremely well as a dessert in itself. you can top the pudding with chocolate sauce or caramel sauce, if you prefer.
18. quick bread tartlets recipe – bread tartlets is a quick snack or munch and is ready in 15-20 minutes. the stuffing can be your own choice of veggies and you can also spice it according to your taste buds. be creative and have fun.
19. cheese bread pakora recipe – i have used cheese slices as a stuffing for the bread. you can also use the bread as it is without any filling. you can also have the combination of potatoes and cheese as the stuffing.
20. avocado garlic toast recipe – easy and a quick breakfast recipe of avocado garlic toast. the recipe gets done within 15 minutes. avocado is also called as butter fruit. in hindi its known as makhan phal.