banana recipes – collection of 24 recipes made with ripe bananas and unripe bananas. banana is one fruit which is cheap, nutritious and is available easily through out the year.
bananas are very much packed with nutrition and is a very healthy fruit and we don’t have to shell out lot of money for one dozen of banana as compared to the prices of apple, mangoes, pomegranate or blueberries.
in most homes overripe bananas are always there and if you want to know how to use them in delectable desserts, then this banana recipe collection will help you.
i will be sharing recipes of both ripe and raw unripe bananas. beginning with ripe bananas first and then moving on to raw plantains.
collection of 17 ripe banana recipes:
1. eggless banana bread recipe – delicious, light and soft vegan banana bread recipe. one of the best banana bread. this is a keeper recipe.
2. eggless banana cake recipe – quick, easy one bowl cake recipe made with whole wheat flour and bananas. light, soft and moist banana cake without eggs. no special ingredients required.
3. banana appams recipe – sweet appams or paniyarams made with ripe bananas, rice flour and jaggery.
4. banana muffins recipe – easy to prepare whole wheat eggless and vegan banana muffins recipe. you can use ripe bananas or over ripe bananas to make these muffins.
5. banana pooris or mangalore buns – mildly sweet fried bread made with mashed banana, flour and sugar. a specialty of mangalore in karnataka.
6. eggless banana pancake recipe – quick and tasty pancakes made with bananas, whole wheat flour (atta) and jaggery.
7. banana milkshake recipe – light and delicious milkshake made with ripe bananas and thin coconut milk. instead of coconut milk you can also use regular milk.
8. banana sheera recipe – a sweet dessert made with rava and bananas. often made as prasad during ganesh puja or satyanarayan puja or devi puja or for any auspicious occasion.
9. banana rasayana recipe – a simple sweet dish made with ripe bananas, coconut milk and jaggery. the dish is from karnataka cuisine.
10. eggless banana mousse recipe – easy and a quick ‘no cook’ dessert recipe of banana mousse.
11. banana chocolate mousse – creamy and smooth eggless mousse made with bananas and chocolate.
12. eggless banana chocolate cake – delicious, soft, crumbly and a little dense vegan banana chocolate cake.
13. chocolate banana carrot cake – a dense, moist and healthy cake made from bananas, carrot and chocolate.
14. mango banana papaya smoothie – the goodness of all three favorite tropical fruits in a glass. smoothies are a nice way to include fruits in your diet. they also act as detox for the system.
15. mango banana figs smoothie – sweet and crunchy smoothie with flavors of figs, mangoes and bananas.
16. chocolate banana smoothie – healthy and delicious vegan smoothie recipe.
17. banana mango milkshake – the combination of banana and mango becomes a very healthy drink and is ideal for growing up kids or for people who are into body building or need extra energy.
collection of 8 recipes with unripe bananas:
1. raw banana kofta recipe – crisp, spiced pan fried patties made with raw unripe bananas. these koftas make for a nice brunch or snack.
2. raw banana poriyal recipe – easy south indian sabji or dry curry made with raw unripe bananas. healthy, easy and nutritious dish.
3. raw banana fry recipe – mildly spiced and slightly crisp south indian style banana fry made with unripe bananas.
4. raw banana pakoras – these delicious plantain fritters are mostly served in south indian restaurants. a good tea time snack.
5. banana chips recipe – fried banana wafers made from raw banana. these banana chips are good tea time snacks or any time snack when you want to munch something.
6. banana peel thoran – a delicious stir fried dish made with banana peels, spices and coconut. a nice way to use the peels, instead of throwing them away.
7. raw bananan stir fry – simple kerala style stir fry made with raw bananas.
8. raw banana fry recipe – crispy as well as tasty banana fry made with unripe bananas. these are also known as kele phodi or kelyache kaap. making this crispy plantain fry is easy and it goes very well as a side dish. though you can also serve raw banana fry as a snack.