aloo baingan recipe – this simple and super easy recipe of aloo baingan is from my mil and is a variation of the stuffed aloo baingan recipe that i have earlier posted.
in this recipe of aloo baingan we just slice or chop the aubergines or baingans instead of keeping them whole. the spices used are same as for the stuffed aloo baingan recipe. this is also a dry aloo baingan recipe.
being a fantastic cook, my mil dishes out awesome punjabi recipes. her trademark is that her recipes are easy to make and yet super yum.
they are so easy that even a novice in cooking can make her recipes.
this aloo baingan is one such easy veggies recipe and there are other simple veggies recipes of hers like:
- aloo gobi
- mooli sabzi with punjabi wadis
- punjbai mooli ki bhurji
- punjabi karela sabzi
- aloo methi
- bhindi do pyaza
- dahi wali arbi
- lauki wadi
- punjabi wadi
- aloo poori
- gajar matar sabzi
- palak saag
- aloo moongre ki sabzi
- kaddu ki sabzi
and more to come…..
also you will see my food photographs are becoming better and better if you check the above recipes. i was such a novice before and am still learning photography.
i have used mustard oil in this recipe but even with a simple vegetable oil like sunflower oil the aloo baingan taste fabulous.
without much ado we go for the recipe. and for this one i do not have a step by step 🙁
Update: due to recent policies of facebook, many of you are not getting update from Veg Recipes of India facebook page. to keep getting updates, kindly go to our facebook page and click on “Liked” option and then select “See First” option under the drop down menu “IN YOUR NEWS FEED“. another option, is to occasionally show interest in our facebook page updates by liking, sharing or commenting in the facebook post. thanks for your continuous support and cooperation.
aloo baingan recipe below:
- 1 kg small eggplants/baingan/brinjals
- 5-6 potatoes/aloo
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- 2 tsp dried mango powder/amchur
- 2 tsp garam masala powder
- 3 tbsp mustard oil or vegetable oil
- salt or black salt
- wash the small brinjals or baingan and potatoes in water.
- slice the baingan into 4 pieces vertically.
- keep the baingans in salted water for 15-20 minutes to remove their bitterness.
- also slice the potatoes in medium size slices.
- in a pan heat the mustard oil. add the potatoes and baingan to the oil.
- saute in the oil for 4-5 minutes on a medium flame
- add all the dry spice powders and salt except garam masala and amchur powder.
- mix the spice powders and salt properly with both the veggies.
- now cover the pan and let the veggies cook on a low flame for 15-20 minutes.
- keep checking the aloo baingan after a few minutes so that the veggies do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- when the aloo and baingan are cooked properly, sprinkle garam masala powder and amchur powder.
- mix these thoroughly and cook for a minute
- close the flame and serve the aloo baingan hot with phulkas or parathas.
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media